Monday, February 18, 2008

Presidents Day at the Zoo

We have been wanting to go to the zoo since we moved here. It is only a couple of miles from where we live, so we had no excuse not to go. We really didn't really know what to expect after our Zoolights experience, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. We were able to see a lot of animals and probably even more LDS people...they were everywhere!! We always try to spot Mormons or people from Utah, it's not too hard down here. Anyways, it turned out to be great day and we have had a change of heart about the Phoenix Zoo!

On our way...she was thrilled!
Aren't Giraffes amazing animals, they seem so prehistoric to me.
Us and a baboon.
After an hour and a half she was exausted.
These turtle were so huge!! We actually saw them moving around, which I think is pretty rare.


Handsome Colin posing like he lives in the wild!I loved this Orangutan...it never moved from this position.
The sweetest little baby Orangutan . After I took this picture it climbed up and got its little blankie and started playing, the mom just watched every move it made. It was so cute!!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

That looks so much fun!! I can't wait till it's warm enough to go to the zoo here! We have a pretty sweet zoo too! Congratulations on your new little nephew also. He's a cutie!

Cori Carpenter said...

The Zoo is so much fun! I want to go back! Those turtles were enormous weren't they!! I'm glad you guys had fun! Too bad we didn't go the same day...just another mormon family to see..right!

Alison said...

Brigham and Jensen loved the pictures! You are making me jealous with the weather that you are in! We finally played out in the snow yesterday, because the weather was half decent and the snow wasn't covered with an inch of ice!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm so jealous you are wearing short sleeve t-shirts!

Amelia said...

That looks like so much fun! We love going to the zoo, although I don't think we'll venture to the Hogle Zoo for a few more months. :)