Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Birthday Boy

Yesterday was Colin's birthday. He turned the big 27! I surprised him by decorating the house and making him a soccer ball cake. I am actually quite proud of the cake because I have never done anything like that before. I am not the most patient person in the world so usually when I attempt something that requires a lot of time and talent it will end up in the trash before it is finished. But this time I persevered even though the cake was falling apart, I ran out of frosting and Hayden was crying. It turned out pretty good and more importantly Colin loved it and thought I did such a good job (luckily he doesn't have an eye for detail!)
Also I was a little upset because two of Colin's presents didn't get here in time, so the only gift he had to open were some 99 cent guitar picks. He didn't care because his real present will be here on Thursday. He is getting a gas powered remote control car. Him, my brothers and my brother in law were on four-way calling the other night for about an hour and a half trying to figure out what cars to get. It was so funny how serious they were about it. They all had to get the exact same truck so no would have an unfair advantage; there races have to be based on their driving skills alone...they are all so competitive!!
All in all I think Colin had a pretty good birthday.



This wasn't part of the birthday celebration. Hayden got this new duck to bathe in so we took some pictures.

Her first time swinging, she was a little nervous at first but then really started to have fun!

8 comments:

Cori Carpenter said...

How fun! I am impressed on how well your cake looks...good job!! I don't have a lot of patience either...I probably would have given up! It looks like you guys had a great time! Happy Birthday Colin!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLIN!! Sorry I forgot to call . . . but I'm sure that cake made up for it. How cool is that!?

Anonymous said...

Wow - nice work on the cake! And happy birthday Colin!

Amelia said...

Happy Birthday Colin! Great job on the cake, I really love the grass. :) Cute pictures of Hayden too.

Sandi said...

Happy B-day Colin...late:( Good job on the cake Kelly. You'll have to give me some lessons and maybe a pep talk or two before I try anything like that again.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Colin. Hey, Rogaine just called and wants to sponsor you for some reason (I can't imagine why). So, I told them to give you a call. Oh yeah, Nike called me today and we signed a deal. You'll see their ad on my truck during the Blanding 500.

My truck comes on Friday!!!

Brittany said...

It looks like Colin had a great birthday! I am very impressed by your cake decorating skills!! It turned out great! I also really love Hayden's rubber ducky bath.:)

amyorr said...

The cake looks amazing Kelly! Hayden is so stinkin cute! Happy Birthday Cuz.