Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas in Blanding

We were able to spend Christmas in Blanding this year with my family. We spent a week and a half doing nothing but playing games (Rook), eating, watching movies and talking!!! We had a great Christmas and a very fun New Year. On New Years eve we had a big Rook Tournament. Colin and I were partners and were almost the champions, but in the final game we made a crucial mistake and lost!!! We were both pretty upset...I couldn't sleep that night! I never really enjoyed playing Rook before this past week, but it is a really fun game.
One of the days we thought it would be fun to actually leave the house and do something active so we decided to go up to the Cabin and go sledding. We tried and failed...the snow was two deep for the four wheelers and four wheel drive trucks. We were able to still play in the snow and do a little sledding down a not very steep hill.
The trip went by way too fast and now we are back in Phoenix planning our next vacation!!


Hayden with her new best friend Brooklyn. Brooklyn loved Hayden and cried when we left. She is so sweet!!
The boys Christmas presents!!
About tow minutes after this picture was taken Hayden spit up that entire bottle.


Colin posing!!! Isn't he cute!!
Colin plowing through the snow
Shelly and I with our new sleds...yes we did get sleds for Christmas! She lives in Portland where it rarely snows and I live in Phoenix where right now it is 70 degrees. ha ha!! They did come in very handy though...we were happy to have them.
My cute niece Heidi with my cute baby Hayden
Mary (aka Brooklyn) with her "wife" Joseph (aka Ava) and two baby Jesus'

4 comments:

Angie said...

I love playing Rook! I am really bad at it and I am always the loser, but it is so fun!

Brittany said...

Looks like you guys had fun in Blanding for Christmas! I love Rook! We used to play it at my house all the time with Denim. Who ended up beating you an Collin? I hope Hayden had a good 1st Christmas! Happy New Year!

Sandi said...

I'm already looking forward to our next Rook tournament. It was a fun break. Hayden looks terrified when Brooklyn is holding her, I wonder why:)

Jolene said...

We swapped places during Christmas. You guys were sad to leave Utah & we were sad to leave the warm weather in AZ & get back to the snow in UT. Wade & I are also really addicted to Rook as well. We love that game & sometimes get in arguments if we didn't agree on the plays we did.