Monday, October 1, 2007

We Will No Longer Be Mistaken For Smokers

Our very messing apartment. Just some of the laundry waiting to get done
There are a few weird things about this apartment. I am taking this picture from the front door. If you cant tell that is the tv in the living room and right through those double doors is our bedroom. We feel like we are living in a hotel!!
This is the other strange thing. This is our tiny kitchen with no room for a table and there is not a dining room area. We are still trying to figure out what to do about that.


Saturday we were able to move into our new place. We are so happy to be here and to be out of that other house. Not only was it stinky, it was too big and we just didn't feel comfortable in that area. Colin had his first "commute" to work this morning. I'm guessing it must have been pretty quick because when he got to work he text me and said it was the greatest commute ever, it almost made him cry!:)
A few guys from our ward helped us move in on Saturday and turns out one of them lives in our exact same building with his wife and brand new baby...I was so excited to hear that. By the way we went to church yesterday and I have had a change of heart. I think I am really going to like this ward.
After we moved in, the first thing we started to do was laundry. In the past two days we have done probably 20 loads. We are not even close to being done. We have about 30 more to go. We have to wash every item we own that can be washed to get the smell of smoke out. Hopefully by the time the baby comes and people start to visit us, the smell will be completely gone. By the way I have posted some pictures of the our apartment complex...I hope they make everyone want to come and visit us, especially when it is freezing in Utah. I also posted some of what the inside looks like right now...don't let these pictures scare you away!!!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

I'm glad you guys were able to get into a non-smoke smelling place. Remember cleaning rooms at the motel? I hated it when we got the smoking rooms because I can't stand that smell. It looks like you will have fun at your new place!

Jolene said...

You are so good about updating!Your new place looks so nice. That pool will be so much fun in the summer & probably in the winter as well!