Monday, September 24, 2007

Tucson






This past Saturday we spent the day in Tucson. We had to go down there to pick up a bike for Colin's parents. It actually worked out really well because we have friends that live down there and they happened to only live about six miles from the where we got the bike. So we spent the day with Colin's friend Steve and his wife Callie. We went up to the mountain near Tucson and Barbecued hamburgers. It was a lot of fun and was so nice to get out the heat and the desert. It was about 30 degrees cooler up there.

Yesterday we went to our newest ward. It seems like a pretty good ward. A couple of funny things did happen to me. In relief society I was sitting by a lady and the first thing she said to me was how much she liked my dress. I thought that was very nice of her, but then she followed up the compliment with asking me if I made it. I didn't really know what to think of that.
After relief society a lady came up to me and asked me if I was having twins, she said she thought thats what she heard me say. I said no, I'm just having one. While walking away and laughing a little she said "just one big one huh?" I have never been complimented or offended so many times as I have while being pregnant.

Thats our weekend.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Sounds like an interesting ward. I look forward to more stories. I think you look just right for being 1 month away from your due date:)

Jolene said...

Tuscon, Mt. Lemon! My home town! Oh how I miss it. Kelly, I think you look so cute pregnant! Don't let anyone tell you differently, even if you look like you are having twins & wearing a home made skirt. J/K! That makes me laugh!