Colin finally cashed in on his 30th birthday present. A couple of weeks ago we spent three days and two nights on the Paiute Trail. We went with my parents, my brothers and my uncle.
The first day we rode for just about 100 miles and saw so much pretty scenery. We started in Aurora and ended in Circleville. We stayed at Butch Cassidy Inn and attempted to see one of Butch Cassidy's cabins, but couldn't find it.
The second day was quite a bit shorter. It rained and hailed on us, so we weren't too sad we only had to go 50 miles. I also wasn't feeling too hot towards the end of the day so I was very happy to see the The Big Rock Candy motel and restaurant. Colin did one too many "donuts" and I got pretty nauseous!! We got a cabin so we all stayed together and spent the night watching Hitch. It was a nice little break!
Day three was supposed to be another 100 miles or so, but by the time we got to Richfield it was getting a little late in the day and the storm clouds were rolling in. So we took a shortcut which was basically like a frontage road along the freeway from Richfield back to where we started in Aurora.
After all was said and done we rode about 300 miles in three days. It was a blast and I can't wait until I can go again!!
We left the kids home with Colin's parents, I was pretty worried about leaving them, but they had a ton of fun and really weren't that excited to see us when we got home.Poncho Joni!
My Dad
My Mom
Carlos
Denim, Chris and Colin.
Colin and I waiting for whoever was supposed to be behind us. The first day was a lot of waiting and wondering where everybody was...we had a few mishaps with taking the wrong rode.
Back to School
4 weeks ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment