Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It is your birthday.


Colin's birthday is today, but since he has to work and then go to school for three hours we figured we better celebrate it another day. So Sunday we invited all of our family over for dinner and brownies/cake. There were a lot of people in a small area, but it turned out good and I think everyone had fun. I heard about a brownie recipe that I thought sounded really tasty, so I made them and they are quite tasty!! You just use a boxed brownie mix; put half of the batter in the pan, then put a layer of Caramellos, cover it with the rest of the batter and bake...hmmmmmm good!!!!

Hayden gave Colin a very special gift today. We have been trying to get her to say Dad (not Daddy...I don't like the word Daddy) but she has always just refused to even try. She has started to say quite a few words such as Grandpa, turtle, cookie, ect... but would never say Dad. So this morning I was working on words with her and realized that she says two syllable words much better that one syllable words, so I asked her to say "Daddy" and out pops "Da Da." So I immediatly called Colin and had her say it to him and sure enough she did it and kept saying it everytime I asked her to. Colin was very happy, I think she made his day.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I love that "Da-Da" story. Happy birthday Colin!!

Brittany said...

Happy belated birthday to Colin!! That brownie recipe sounds delicious!!! I'll have to try it! Hayden really knows how to give a meaningful gift doesn't she?? I think that's kindof interesting that you don't like the word "daddy", I didn't know that about you.:)