So I saw the movie "He's just not that into you" and was extremely let down. I know there are probably some of you out there who saw it and liked it, so sorry if you don't agree with me. The theater was full of women who were getting really into the movie (screaming & Clapping) and after it was over the majority of the comments that I heard were positive. I personally left feeling depressed and awed at the downward spiral our society is heading into and I was mad at myself for not walking out. "Yuck" is the word that describes this movie best for me.
I hate to say it, but I think I might have to stop watching PG-13 movies all together. It is getting ridiculous how much language, sex, ect. they allow these days. And not only that but being exposed to things the world views as "normal" is just getting harder and harder for me to do. It really scares me to think that when my kids get older they could think these things are completely natural. I want to make sure I don't get desensitized to it all, so when the time comes I will be able to teach my kids what we believe to be natural and normal.
Now I can't promise I will never watch another PG-13 movie, but I think I always know before hand if it is going to be inappropriate. So I am vowing to be more selective with my movie choices and even if it looks really cute and funny I am going to refrain from watching it if I feel like it will be bad. Also I vow to never watch another movie with Scarlett Johanssen (I don't like her!)
Back to School
4 weeks ago
4 comments:
I completely agree!! I haven't seen that movie yet but there have been a lot of PG-13 movies that I've seen lately that I've just been completely shocked at what was allowed in them! I honestly feel very scared and nervous for the up and coming generations and expecially when I have kids of my own! How in the world are we going to teach our children that that kind of talk and behavior is NOT normal???
Amen to that! I am definitely not up to date on the new movies coming out in the States (or here for that matter) but I had seen some people talk about this one on their blogs, so I looked it up on YahooMovies. After just reading the synopsis I guessed that it might be a little too suggestive for me, but I thought, well if these girls are watching it, maybe it isn't bad. Thank you for the review, so I don't waste my time. I appreciate it!!
I know of other people who thought that show was gross and was a disappointment!
This was the first I've heard of that movie. I agree, though, that in general the ratings have deteriorated. It seems like these days PG-13 is what R used to be, which makes me REALLY glad I don't watch R-rated movies. Why can't NORMAL people make successful, cute movies?
Post a Comment