Friday, January 23, 2009

New Job!


The last few months have been a little stressful for us, but we can finally sleep peacefully again. Colin got a job!!! He has been applying at many different companies andhas been getting so frustrated because right now there are so many people trying to get jobs. He would apply at companies where there were 150 other applicants. He got a few interviews, but nothing panned out. Finally someone came to there senses and realized how great Colin is and offered him a position. So he will be working for a company called SISEL International. The most well known company they own is SurpraNaturals in Springville. They are a company kindof like NuSkin. He will be doing accounting work which is good because that is what he is going back to school for, so it will give him great experience. His office will be in Springville which we are very happy about because that is where we want to live.

We are really excited and very grateful, I just have to say that we didn't do this alone. We did a lot of fasting, praying, paying fast offerings and going to the temple; but nothing seemed to be happening. Then we moved into our new ward and the second week we were there the bishop got up and talked about how many people are being effected by economic crunch; he talked about attending the temple and receiving blessings from doing so. Colin and I had both just gone to the temple about a week before, but I really felt prompted by the Holy Ghost to listen to the bishop and go again. So a few days later we went and about a week later Colin was offered a job. I definatly have a testimony of inspired leaders and am so thankful to have people praying on our behalf. These last few months have definatly been a trial for us, but like they always say what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

4 comments:

Amelia said...

Congratulations! I bet that is such a relief for you guys!

Bonnie said...

That is exciting!! Goog luck you guys.

Brittany said...

Congratulations guys! What a stressful time for you! It's amazing what can happen when we put our faith in Heavenly Father!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Colin! I'm glad eveything worked out well for you guys!