This year we spent Christmas with Colin's family. I usually like Christmas Eve better than Christmas day (minus the presents) because that is when my family has a big dinner and spends the whole day together. To me Christmas day was usually pretty boring after opening presents and eating a big breakfast. This year was different. Colin's family doesn't do too much on Christmas Eve, they do most of the celebrating on Christmas day. We woke up late, thanks to Hayden sleeping in until almost 8:00 (she is usually up by 6:00). I guess that was her gift to us, what a nice girl!!! Then we went upstairs and she got to open her presents first.
The whole present thing was a little bitter sweet for her. She loved each gift she got and just wanted to stop and play with it. We being the impatient parents that we are, would take away the toy and make her open the next present. She would whine and cry until the she saw what it was and then would want to play with that and then the whole process would start over again.
She got a lot of fun stuff: PJs, books, church bag & file folder games (that I made, thank you very much), the cutest tea set you've ever seen and a trike from her grandma and grandpa Gibbons.
Colin was very spoiled this year. He got a TON of tools, some new Vans, The Dark Knight & Batman Begins, new snowboarding boots and money to go snowboarding (all my hard work at the voting polls paid off :) I was also treated very well. I got a sewing machine which I am very excited about, a crock pot cookbook, a gift card to Target and Bath & Body Works whichI have already spent and my favorite gift was Season One of Prison Break!!!!
After opening presents we had a big Crepe breakfast, then we went and saw Valkeryie. It is a great movie and I really enjoyed it, but I must say it was a little depressing to watch on Christmas day. After the movie we came back and had a very delicious ham & turkey dinner and then we played a White Elephant game that we revamped, it was a lot of fun!!
Yet again Christmas was wonderful. Of course I love getting and giving gifts, but I really just love the closeness that this time of year brings. It really just makes people happy. I have loved going out shopping and being around people. I loved spending so much time with both my family and Colins family. I am sad it is going to be over, but we still have New Years to look forward to, so I wont be too sad yet!!The loot!!
One of her faves... a $1 stroller I got at a yard sale.
Her first bike...so cute!!
Walking in to see what Santa brought.
She is such a poser. Right before this was taken she was whining and crying, when I held up the camera she immediately stopped and did this!!
Notice in two of the pictures she has her tongue out. She does that when she is concentrating, I think that is a Lyman thing.
Back to School
4 weeks ago
1 comments:
I think she definitely gets the tongue thing from you. I remember you doing that when you'd be working on stuff in classes at school.:) That's cute that you passed it on!:) Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! I'm always really sad when it's over too!:(
Post a Comment