Friday, September 5, 2008

Blogging Hiatus

I think this is the longest I have gone without blogging since I started. I always thought people were crazy when they would say they had been too busy to post anything, well I now know what they are talking about. These past few weeks have been so busy, I really haven't had a spare moment.

Two weeks ago we went to Oregon to visit the Williams family. I love going up there to visit, we always have a great time!! I will tell more about that trip with the pictures below.

After we left Portland we came to Orem where we have been hanging out with all the friends and family we have missed this last year. We have been going on walks up the canyon, biking, swimming, going to moveis and getting snow cones!!! Colin has defiantly been taking advantage of being back. Last weekend he went on a 290 mile four wheeling trip with my family in Southern Utah and this weekend he is back down there camping and hiking with friends.

We were both a little nervous to move back under the circumstances we did, but it has already been worth it and is only going to get better when my parents move up here. If you haven't already heard my Mom just got a job in Provo. She will be moving up here next week and my Dad will follow as soon as their house sells in Blanding, so if any of you Blanding folk are looking for a great house call Mike and Joni Lyman.

Hayden had a lot of fun with her cousins. Heidi and Nicole were great babysitters.
Hayden was teething most of the trip so she wasn't her normal happy self.

We went to the Oregon State Fair and saw a lot animals, looked at some really cool cakes, rode some fun rides and ate some yummy ice cream (don't tell Nicole :)
Hayden couldn't quite make it through the whole day at the fair.
So Cute!!!


Saturday we went to the coast. It was such a nice day, not too cold and not too hot. Hayden loved playing in the sand. This picture was taken right when we got there, she defiantly didn't look like this when we left.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm so glad you guys are happily back in Utah! I can't believe your parents are really moving up to Salt Lake. They have always lived in Blanding. That means that you guys are never going to go back to Blanding huh? Sad!

Cori Carpenter said...

You sound like me...I haven't posted in forever! Your parents are moving? CRAZY! It's funny because I was just going to write you and say how sad it was that we haven't got together once since you moved to the Valley, and now your gone!! I am sorry, we should have had at least one playdate!

Shelly Williams said...

Thank you for saying that you love visiting Oregon! That made me feel good :) I thought it was funny that our comments about the state fair were almost identical. I just posted that and then read yours. We miss you guys! Thanks so much for coming to visit!!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I can't believe how much hair Hayden has! And you look amazing Kelly!

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you're having a good time. How's the job search coming? Looks like you guys aren't too anxious...I'd want to stay unemployed for as long as possible to be able to hang out with the fam!!! Good luck with everything!

Alison said...

That is great that your parents are moving up closer. I feel the same way about time...hence, it is 11:30 at night as I post this.

Hayden is getting big! She is a cutie!

Amelia said...

I can't believe your parents are moving away! That is so crazy. I bet Hayden will love having both sets of grandparents so close though. I know my parents hate being so far away from all their grandkids (and my kids don't like it either.) If you're ever bored someday, you know I'm just in the next valley over! :) Come visit sometime!

Jolene said...

Welcome back! Yeah, we should hang out! I'll give you a call. Did you dye your hair? It looks cute.