Monday, March 29, 2010

Carson's Blessing Day

On March 14th Carson was blessed by his Dad in Springville Utah. We had all of our family there to support little Carson, minus Mindy & family and Shelly & family. To celebrate we had a little brunch before church, it was a great day!!


Hayden was sure to let everyone know as soon as they walked into the house that she looked "Pretty" in her dress!!
Happy little boy.

The day of his blessing I started to notice he had a little cough and congestion, but I didn't really think it sounded too bad, but hearing so much RSV and how serious it can be for babies I decided to call the doctor. They said to just bring him in to be on the safe side. I took him in and sure enough she could hear fluid in his lungs, so they sent us to the hospital to get the RSV test and x-rays to check for pneumonia. He tested positive for both!! I was pretty much a wreck! The good news was neither were bad enough to keep him at the hospital, so we took him home and the first thing we did was give him a priesthood blessing. I know that blessing helped him and I know it helped me feel more at peace. That night we also got a nebulizer and started pumping him full of medicine and attempted to give him antibiotics, but he was not having that. So we had to take him back to the doctors to get a shot of antibiotics and then we learned that he had double ear infections. Poor little man was such a trooper though the whole process...he handled it all so well, he still slept really well, pretty much ate fine and was happy. I only took a day for the anitbiotics to kick in and clear up the ear infections and a less than a week later he was totally better!!

Of course a few days later Hayden got a really bad cold and a few days after that Colin got it. Now they are all better and I have yet to get sick!! (knock on wood). I am so ready for SPRING!!!!!!!!!!

Other exciting news...they started on the foundation of our house. Which means in about a month we will have a new house!!!!

3 comments:

Sheans said...

He is such a cute little guy. Hayden is adorable, too. She really did look pretty in her dress :)

Poor little guy... I can't believe he got so sick! I'm glad you guys are all better. Winter sucks.

Anonymous said...

you guys are such a cute family! adorable kids!

Brittany said...

Yay for Carson's blessing day....boo for getting sick! Poor little guy. I hope everyone in your house is feeling well.