Friday, June 13, 2008

Hairnet Phobia

Since Hayden was about three months old whenever strangers would look at her and talk to her she would burst into tears. Well over the past couple of months she has been doing much better except when we go to Costco. When ever we get a sample and the ladies talk to her she starts to cry and not just a little cry she acts like she has just seen a ghost!! I couldn't figure it out and thought maybe she was just scared of old ladies.
Well, yesterday we made our weekly trip to Costco and as were walking down an isle with Hayden sitting in the cart she turns around and spots the sample girl (not an old lady this time) half way down the isle. She starts shaking, tries to hold back the tears and then finally breaks down into uncontrollable sobs before we even got close her. I went and got my sample and the girl felt so bad; I told her I didn't think it was her I thought it was the hair nets they wear...I hope that made her feel better. So I'm pretty sure thats what it is, my child has a fear of hair nets!! I want to test it at home by coming out of the bathroom wearing a shower cap, but I think that would probably traumatize her for life.

3 comments:

Whitelock Family said...

lol thats awsome, I love that salsa!

Shannon said...

the thing I love best about this post is that you took a picture of the costco lady

Brittany said...

That's so funny! I love that you actually got a picture of one of the sample ladies with a hair net! Please don't test that out at home!! Hayden will never recover from that.:)