Thursday, December 6, 2007

Phoenix Zoo

Colin and if you look really close you can see one of the three animals we saw at the zoo
Colin and Hayden in front of the pond full of lily pads
Kelly and Hayden at the entrance of the zoo

Last night we went to the Phoenix zoo. During the holidays they have lights up and it supposed to be pretty cool. We got there and the place was packed so we thought it really must be cool. To say the least we were a little disappointed. They had the majority of the zoo closed off. We only got to see the zebras, an otter hiding in a tree stump and some flamingos. I figured if I was going to the zoo I was going to see real animals, not fake lit up animals. In their defense the lights were very pretty and it did make it feel a little more like Christmas. Also the part that Hayden was awake for she liked. She loves staring at lights, so I guess that made it worth it.

We are getting so excited for Christmas. We get to go to Blanding this year and our whole family will be there, so it should be a lot of fun. I love the holidays!!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Your little family is so cute! I love all the pictures of Hayden!

Brittany said...

Sounds like your trip to the zoo was a little less than what you hoped for. I'm sure Hayden had fun with all the lights! I hope you guys have a great time in Blanding for Christmas! That will be so fun to have everyone there!

Sandi said...

Sorry that the zoo experience wasn't the best. I have a feeling that you will at least feel like you're in a zoo when everybody is here for Christmas.j/k We are so excited!

Cori Carpenter said...

Hey, we went to Zoo Lights last year when Indi was around 2 months! Yeah, you really can't expect to see too many animals, it really is just for the lights, which Indi did love as well!! Hope you guys have fun in Blanding...we'll all be there next year!