We just got back yesterday from our 10 day vacation. It was amazing and I really want to remember everything, so I am going to try to blog about each day. The thought of writing/editing that much is a little overwhelming for me, so I think I will just do it in bullet format.
Day 1
*We left our house around 1:00 and by the time we got to Santaquin we had already stopped twice for food and bathroom breaks. We thought it was going to be a long trip, but that stretch was the worst of the whole trip. I think our kids are the best travelers. Carson really never cried in the car the entire trip and Hayden just sat back there and played, read books, colored, sang. I think she only watch maybe two movies the whole time!! I was very proud of them!!
*Made it to St. George with no problems!!
*Met up with Chris at Maverick for about an hour. Kids had a great time crawling around in the back of his truck.
*Drove on to Las Vegas where we stayed the La Quinta(horrible hotel, I recommend never staying there)
*Hayden was pretty fascinated with all the lights and big hotels of Vegas.
Day 2
*Carson woke up at 4:30 am and did not want to go back to bed
*Packed up and headed back on the road
*Stopped in Barstow at the train station McDonalds/gift shop. Very dirty and very crowded. Mostly just hung out in the car.
*Got to Long Beach about noon.
*Met up with Tiffany, Greg and Gavin who just happened to be going to Long Beach too!
*Walked around, ate lunch, met a pirate, met up with Dean & Meagan and decided to tour the Queen Mary cruise ship.
*Did the ghost tour on the ship. They took us to the boiler room where a fireman got trapped and killed, to the swimming pool(very cool), and to the front of the ship which at some point hit another boat and killed 300 men. They say their ghosts are still haunting the ship.
*After that tour we just walked around and saw the rest of the ship.
*Saw a celebrity!!! On the way down I told Colin I wanted to see someone famous, so after that he kept tricking me saying he just saw a celebrity pass by and I missed them. He did that about three times and then we were walking on the ship and he turned around and told me there really was a celebrity coming up behind us, so I turned around and sure enough it was the guy from 'Supernatural', and for any of you Days of our Lives fans about eight years ago he played Eric sammies twin brother. I was pretty excited, for some reason I think it is pretty cool to see famous people!!
*After the Queen Mary we checked into our hotel...the Quality Inn right by Disneyland(another hotel I would avoid).
*Walked to Downtown Disney looking for somewhere to eat, but everything was too busy, so we just went across the street and ate at Tony Romas(they have an excellent Asian Salad!!)
*Went back to our hotel and crashed.
Back to School
4 weeks ago
3 comments:
thanks for sharing the pictures and narrative from your trip.
Cute!!! I love Hayden's jacket and little pigtails. Sounds like fun...
Oh boy..can't wait to hear about the rest! Didn't that freak the kids out on the Queen Mary in the boiler room and stuff? Kinda creeps me out. Oh...and you'll be glad to know that all 3 of my girls have that same sweater as Hayden. Name the date...they can all be twin-ers. Or Quad-ers. Or whatever. We need to catch up!
Post a Comment